Scotland’s year of Coasts & Waters 20/21
9th April 2021 | News | No Comments|
In Scotland’s Year of Coasts & Waters 20/21 the SSF would like to thank VisitScotland & EventScotland’s efforts to make this truly historic Surfing event possible.
Year of Coasts and Waters 20/21
- Scotland’s Coasts and Waters will be showcased throughout 2021 and celebrated with a programme of activity designed to support the nation’s tourism and events sectors.
- Following input and feedback from the tourism and events industry, there was strong support and a commitment from Scottish Government to rollover the celebratory year into 2021. Work is currently ongoing to rescope and reshape the supported events programme.
- The year, led by VisitScotland will sustain and build upon the momentum of Scotland’s preceding Themed Years to spotlight, celebrate and promote opportunities to experience and enjoy Scotland’s unrivalled Coasts and Waters, encouraging responsible engagement and participation from the people of Scotland and our visitors.
- A programme of activities, events and ideas will shine a spotlight on the impact our waters have had on Scotland, from the formation of beautiful natural features to the creation of our national drink – whisky.
- Join the conversation using #YCW2021
- Following an industry consultation, the Themed Years are planned to take place every second year to enable more time for planning and collaboration. Given the impact of COVID-19 an exception will be made in 2021 with the 2020 year rolling forward. 2022 will celebrate the Year of Scotland’s Stories. The next Themed Year is planned to follow in 2024.