The Scottish Inter-Club Championships called ‘The Gathering of the Clans’ took place on the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of November in some of the most challenging weather conditions there has been for an SSF event in recent memory. Strong winds, torrential rain and big stormy surf was the order of the day on Saturday in Fraserburgh where the opening rounds of the longboards, masters and open divisions were contested.
The SSF AGM took place at Fraserburgh Beach Cafe on the Saturday evening.
Sunday was finals day for all divisions in Peterhead and commenced with the junior divisions and dual podiums were in operation in order to complete the event which had its biggest turnout ever with close to 100 competitors.
Prize giving took place in the Fraserburgh Surf Lifesaving Club building on Sunday evening.
The SSF would like to say a huge thanks to the Broch Surf Club for hosting the event, Fraserburgh Surf LifeSaving Club, Peterhead Lido Caravan Park and all the event sponsors: Surf Ears, Daisys Cold Water Surf Cream, Animal Clothing, SRFCE Wetsuits, Porters Gin, Sunflowers Fraserburgh, Beach Cafe.
OVERALL TEAM RESULT
1. North Shore Surf Club (NSSC) 6975pts
2. Belhaven Surf Club (BHSC) 6925pts
3. Moray Firth Surf Riders (MFSR) 6505pts
4. Broch Surf Club (BSC) 6300pts
5. Moray Firth Surf Riders B (MFSR B) 5720pts
6. Granite City Surf Club (GCSC) 5238pts
7. Fife Surf Club (FSC) 5078pts
8. Lossie Surf Club (LSC) 4858pts
9. Granite City Surf Club Tunnels (GCSC T) 4710pts